Since 1974 Alan Pearlman, Ltd. has been helping the people of Chicagoland and Lake County with their family law problems. From that time to the present Mr. Pearlman has focused on Family Law matters.
The firm is made up of Mr. Pearlman, who will personally handle your matter, as well as an office manager. The firm is located on the south end of Lake County in Northbrook, Illinois, and is adjacent to the Edens Expressway, with easy access to the offices at 707 Skokie Boulevard.
Mr. Pearlman has been concentrating on Family Law matters for over 4 decades, and the firm can meet your needs regarding Adoption, Child Custody Matters, Dissolution of Marriage(Divorce), Child Support, Visitation and Maintenance (formerly known as Alimony).
Mr. Pearlman is a member of several Bar Association Groups and teaches in his area of practice, as well as in the area of Legal Technology. He has served as a member of the Board of Editors of the American Bar Association’s GP Solo Magazine’s Technology and Practice Guide.
He also serves on many bar association legal technology committees, including:
- Chairman of the ABA Section of Family Law Technology Committee;
- Past-Chair Emeritus of the Chicago Bar Association Committee on Legal Technology;
- Past-Chair of the Northwest Suburban Bar Association Legal Technology Committee;
- Past-Chair of the Illinois State Bar Association Committee On Legal Technology.
He is also a member of the Editorial Board of Leader Publication’s Legal Tech Newsletter, a division of the American Lawyer Media’s Publication group, as well as a participating columnist.
In addition to Mr. Pearlman’s involvement in the legal technology community he has also served as:
- Member Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council,
- Member Illinois State Bar Association Committee on Law Office Management and Economics,
- Elected member of the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly,
- Committee on Minority and Women Participation,
- Traffic Law and Court Section Council,
- Special Committee to study the Lawyer Referral Services of the Illinois State Bar,
- Past Chair of the Fellows of the Illinois Bar Foundation.
- Member of the Trial Bar of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member of the Bar of the United States Tax Court
- Member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America
- AVVO rated Superb 10 Attorney in the Midwest
- Board of Directors – Association of Women Attorneys of Lake County Illinois
- Board of Directors – Highland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors – Highwood Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors – Alumni Association of Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Member Highland Park-Highwood Lions Club
- Member Loyal Order of the Moose
- Member A.O. Fay Masonic Lodge
- Past Board Member of the Lake County Illinois CrimeStoppers
- Past Director of the Medinah Temple Shriners Legal Committee
- Member of the National College of DUI Defense Attorneys
He has also served as a member of the FAMILY LAW SECTION COUNCIL of the ILLINOIS STATE BAR ASSOCIATION and he is an elected member of the Illinois State Bar General Assembly, serving for more than 25 years. Mr. Pearlman is a frequent speaker at national Legal Technology Seminars, among them:
- American Lawyer Media’s Legal Tech Seminar,
- American Bar Association’s Techshow, Minnesota State Bar’s Midwest Tech,
- Kentucky Bar Associations Annual Convention,
- Virginia State Bar’s Law Tech’96 and the Illinois State Bar Association’s Annual and Mid-Year Meetings.
Mr. Pearlman is a past Assistant State’s Attorney for Cook County Illinois, a past Prosecutor for the Secretary of States Office in Illinois and a past Hearing officer for the office of the Secretary of State of Illinois.
Mr. Pearlman has written extensively on the issues involved in the Dissolution of Marriage Process and frequently writes articles in several Family Law Journals, including the American Bar Associations Family Advocate Journal.